Video Contest: Inspire Americans to #MakeNowMatter
In these days of COVID-19, people across America and the world are finding themselves in lockdown, disrupted from their normal routines and their regular behaviors for staying healthy.
We are challenging our students and alumni to create short videos to offer inspiration on how the public can #MakeNowMatter. Students and alumni of the Applied Exercise Science program at Concordia University Chicago have learned how to make health, fitness and wellness a reality for themselves and the clients they serve.
ENTRIES SO FAR
Here’s a selection of videos submitted so far:
Videos could focus on answering the questions:
- How are you, through exercise science, making the most of your time right now?
- What advice would you have for people to make the most of their downtime at home?
- What exercises or activities could they do at home right now to remain healthy and stay in shape?
- What habits or behaviors could they begin to change?
- How could they improve diet and nutrition?
- What are you doing at home to #MakeNowMatter?
HOW TO ENTER
- Create one or more videos of yourself, no more than sixty (60) seconds in length, and post them to your own social media accounts.
- Videos must explain a way in which you are adding meaning to your life or recommendations of how others can “make now matter” during the COVID-19 pandemic. These should be derived from what you have learned through your applied exercise science education program at Concordia University Chicago.
- To submit your video(s), post them to one or more of your social media accounts and fill out an entry form on our website.
- When uploading the video(s) to Facebook or Instagram, tag the posts with @cucexercisescience (Exercise Science at Concordia University Chicago) and #MakeNowMatter. On all other platforms, tag videos with #CUCExerciseScience and #MakeNowMatter.
- Fill out the entry form at https://exsci.cuchicago.edu/make-now-matter-video-contest.
An evaluation committee will select eleven (11) winners among the videos presented, consisting of one grand prize winner and ten runners up.
The grand prize winner will receive one of the following:
- a $500 gift card
- a payment of $500 toward the certification exam of their choice, or
- a donation of $500 in protective face masks to a healthcare system in need, from Bespoke Apparel of St. Louis, MO.
Ten additional contestants will each receive a $50 gift card.
The deadline for submission of videos is Thursday, April 30, 2020.
Full terms and conditions can be found here.